granted in 5 months
for Romanian Citizen
Subclass 500 Student Visa
Approval for a
Dependent 485 visa
in just 30 days!
Subclass 602 Medical
granted to an
Holiday visa holder.
Business Talent (Permanent) Visa
Migration Agent Perth
Need trusted immigration advice?
ACM Migration Perth is a migration agent provides professional immigration advice and visa management services.
Contact our registered migration agents in Perth about your visa application today.
About this visa
The Business Talent visa (subclass 132) is a permanent residence visa for business people who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency. To be able to get this visa you need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and then be invited to apply.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided.
This visa allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia.
It has two streams:
- Significant Business History stream: for high-calibre business owners or part-owners who want to do business in Australia
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: for people who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
You might be able to get this visa if you are nominated by a state or territory government agency and are invited to apply by the minister.
You must also either:
- have net business and personal assets of at least AUD1.5 million and an annual business turnover of at least AUD3 million if you intend to apply for the visa in the Significant Business History stream, or
- have obtained at least AUD1 million in venture capital funding to start the commercialisation and development of a high-value business idea in Australia if you intend to apply for the visa in the Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream.
What this visa lets you do
The Business Talent visa (subclass 132) allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia.
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
132 visa monitoring
The holders of a Business Talent (subclass132) visa will be subject to monitoring during their first three years in Australia. The visa holder will be asked to supply information and supporting documentation regarding their business interests in Australia.
The department monitors those holding subclass 132 Business Talent visas to:
- verify compliance with the visa requirements and take action in cases of non-compliance
- evaluate whether or not the program is meeting its objectives
- report to government on the overall performance of the Business Skills and Business Innovation and Investment visa programs.